A Kidney infection or disease is an infection of the urinary tract. In fact it is a particular type of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).
It can be extremely painful and if left untreated, could lead to kidney damage and even death.
Its signs and symptoms are:
- Painful Urination
- Reddish or Bloody urine.
- Unable to hold urine as before.
- Swollen face or feat.
Although antibiotics are used to treat a kidney infection, there are however some home remedies you can use to suppress it.
Following are 8 kidney infection treatment tips you can employ and thereafter, antibiotics that should be given if it persist.
TIP #1: Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking lots of water will help in flushing bacteria out of your bladder or urethra. It is regarded as one the first natural cure for a kidney infection.
TIP #2: Uva Ursi
This is a natural herb that prevents the growth of disease-causing microorganisms of the kidneys. It makes make the pain less severe. You can purchase uva ursi in your nearest health store.
TIP #3: Urinate Frequently
This is one of my best tips for you. If you urinate frequently it will help alleviate kidney infections and ultimately remove waste substances from the body including bacteria. Do not try to hold your urine. If you do fill the urge to urinate then pass it out immediately.
TIP #4: Keep the Genitals Clean
This is very important. Keeping the genital area always clean will keep bacteria that cause kidney infections at bay. Please always use clean and sterilized water (if available) to clean the area.
TIP #5: Cranberry Juice and Capsules
Cranberry is a small red acid berry used in cooking. Cranberry juice and cranberry capsule both serve as a natural antibiotic. It is imperative to note however that if you take the juice or capsule, drink plenty of water to flush the poison produced by microorganisms and to keep your body hydrated. If you want to go down this path, please choose pure cranberry juice and not mixed juice. Go to your nearest health store to purchase them.
TIP #6: Antibiotics
Taking antibiotic is a sure fire way of treating a kidney infection.
The most common however is Tetracycline. I will discuss more about it below.
- Tetracycline: Tetracycline is the most common of all the antibiotics used in treating kidney infections. Tetracyclines are broad-spectrum antibiotics. That is, they are used to fight wide range of diseases especially those from bacteria. This antibiotic is usually taken by mouth not by injection. Please consult your health care agent for the right dosage. Meanwhile, I will list the risk and precautions of taking tetracycline.
Risk and Precautions of Tetracyclines
- Pregnant women shouldn’t take tetracycline, because it could stain or even damage the unborn baby’s teeth and bones.
- Children under the age of 8 should not also take tetracycline, as it could also damage their bones completely.
- If tetracycline is taken for a very long time, it may cause diarrhea and some stomach problems.
- DO NOT use an expired tetracycline, as it could do more damage than good to your kidneys
- Milk or any antacids shouldn’t be taken an hour or two before and after taking the medicine.
- Skin rash may also occur to some people after exposure to the sun while taking tetracycline.
NOTE: Talk to you Doctor or Health Care Agent before taking any supplements or Antibiotics please.
Read more about Kidney Infection at
Thank you very much for reading this article in its entirety. I know that you can get rid of a kidney infection. Please feel free to comment or contact me if you wish.
John Eze Simon – Learn more about me.