Firstly, I must really do say that knowing the cause of scabies can actually help you learn how to get rid of scabies. Scabies is caused by mites which make tunnels under the skin. It spread like wild-fire by close skin contact in the family, or by the clothes and bedding. Excessive scratching can cause the infection, producing sores with pus, and sometimes fever or swollen lymph nodes.
Scabies is especially very common in children; it causes very itchy little bumps that can appear all over the body. Between the bumps are pin-heading sized dark scabs.They are most common:
- Between the fingers
- On the genitals
- Around the waist
- On the wrist
Any small itchy sores on the penis and scrotum of young boy are almost always scabies.
Scabies may be transmitted from objects but is most often transmitted by direct skin-to-skin contact, with a higher risk with prolonged contact.
Initial infections require four to six weeks to become symptomatic. Reinfection, however, may manifest symptoms within as little as 24 hours.
Now we’ve just seen overview, let’s go on to the actual process of getting rid of this very itchy infection.
“Because the symptoms are allergic, their delay in onset is often mirrored by a significant delay in relief after the parasites have been eradicated. Crusted scabies, formerly known as Norwegian scabies, is a more severe form of the infection often associated with immunosuppression.
Scabies is contagious and can be spread by scratching an infected area, thereby picking up the mites under the fingernails, or through physical contact with a scabies-infected person for a prolonged period of time.
Scabies is usually transmitted by direct skin-to-skin physical contact. It can also be spread through contact with other objects, such as clothing, bedding, furniture, or surfaces with which a person infected with scabies might have come in contact.
Scabies mites can survive without a human host for 24 to 36 hours.
As with lice, scabies can be transmitted through sexual intercourse even if a latex condom is used, because it is transmitted from skin-to-skin at sites other than sex organs.”-Curled from Wikepedia
How to Get Rid of Scabies – Effective and Efficient Ways.
Before I proceed, let me please recommend this very useful Guide on how to treat Scabies effectively: STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, Easily, No Doctors, No Drugs…!.
If you are really serious of getting rid of scabies naturally Please do Get the Report/Guide.
- If a person has scabies, everyone in the family should be treated.
- Wash all clothes and bedding and hang them in the sun.
- Personal cleanliness of first importance. Bath and change clothes.
- Wash the whole body vigorously with soap and arm water.
- Apply benzyl-benzoate lotion on the whole body except on the face: Allow the lotion to dry, and leave for 24 hours. Next day, wash and repeat the application for further 24 hours. After treating, put on clean clothes and use clean bedding. If benzyl benzoate is not available in your area. The following will be the best alternative to skill scabies quickly.
- Lindane: Mix with body rubbing oil, 1 part in 10 parts of oil. Apply after washing, as above. Wash off thoroughly the next day. Repeat after 1 week. There is a caveat though in using lindane; lindane is more toxic and can cause poisoning. It should NOT be used for very young children, or for mothers who are pregnant or breast feeding.Another way of applying lindane is to put 4 drops half a lemon, leave for 5 minutes and the rub the lemon over the whole body except face.
- Monosulfiram (as tetmosol):Apply this like benzyl-benzoate, allowing the lather to dry on. Wash of the next day and repeat once or twice. Subsequently use it for family in the ordinary way.
Sulfur may be made into ointment with lard or mixed with body oil, and used for several days. It does work but much slowly.
- Crotamiton as ( Eurax):
This often comes as cream or lotion containing 10% crotamiton. Crotamiton is used widely to get rid of Scabies. After bathing, apply all over the body – from the chin to the toes – don’t miss the folds and creases of the skin.
A second application may be used the next day. Take a bath and shower 2 days after last application to clean off all the cream or lotion. Clothing and bedding should be changed at this time.
Please consult your doctor before taking any of the prescribed treatment above.
They may help you with the right dosage and time due to some inherent individualistic characteristics. And they will also give advice and suggestions on how to get rid of scabies permanently and completely.
NOTE: There is no vaccine available for scabies. The simultaneous treatment of all close contacts is recommended, even if they show no symptoms of infection (asymptomatic), to reduce rates of recurrence.
Watch Video on How to Remove Scabies
Watch the below video on the safest way to remove scabies practically. I am very sure you will derive a lot from it. ENJOY!